Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Total Quality Management
Transcript of Total Quality Management
• Apart from diversification, they involve in,
• The Hirdaramani group has diversified in recent years to many sectors such as,
The Function within the Organization
Size of the company
28 production centers
Capacity of productivity over
13 million pieces of clothing per month
- Levi’s, Nike, Next, M & S, Adidas etc.
• Group Head Office - Colombo 1
• Washing Plant - Seethawaka
• Product Development center - Maharagama
• Production centers - Kahathuduwa, kuruwita, katunayake.
28 production centers
a) 17 centers in Srilanka
b) 7 centers in Bangladesh
c) 4 centers in Vietnam
Woven Garments - Dresses, Jackets, Pants, Skirts, Shorts, Blouses etc.
Number of Employees
More than 30000 employees
With more than
120 years in business
, the Hirdaramani Group of Companies is one of srilanka’s oldest companies.
Began as a simple
Set up the first Hirdaramani retail store in Fort, Colombo.
What is Quality Assurance?
Quality assurance is a way of
or defects in manufactured products and
problems when delivering solutions to customers.
What is Lean manufacturing?
Lean manufacturing is a philosophy that considers the
expenditure of resources
in any aspect other than the direct creation of value for the end customer to be wasteful and thus target for elimination.
Quality assurance techniques at Hirdaraman
• 7 - Zero system
• Clockwise inspection
• Accepted Quality Level ( AQL )
• Tag system
• Assuring the quality of the machines
Lean manufacturing techniques at Hirdaramani
• Mock – up bags
• Jumper worker base
• Standard work sheets
• Ohno circle
• Work study
• Anton light system
• Maintaining a count of the production
• Defined Pathways
Strengths and weaknesses of Hirdaramani
1. Adopting Lean manufacturing techniques
2. Multi skilled machine operators E.g. - Jumper
3. The company has a better financial position.
4. Use of equipment with modern technologies.
5. The company was awarded several safety and
6. Adhering to good governance and ethical
principles. Eg: open door policy
1. spacing and layout issue
2. Lack of automated systems to measure
3. Delay in line balancing at initial day of a
4. Work-in-progress is stacked up at many
of the working points.
5. Labour handling issues.
1. Correcting layout patterns.
2. Locating the washing plant close to the factory.
3. Work for shifts
4. Introducing a conveyor belt to move work-in-progress along the production line
5. Ensure availability of adequate space.