Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
M.C. Escher - Artist or Mathematician?
Transcript of M.C. Escher - Artist or Mathematician?
-Died: 27th March 1972 (age: 73)
-Birth name: Maurits Cornelis Escher
-Excelled in drawing and art during school
- - Graphic Artist
- His artworks were created from his mind, not modeled off any real objects.
- His most popular works are Drawing Hands, Sky and Water and Ascending & Descending
- His art is incorporates mathematics into his artworks and he uses the divisions of planes, congruent motifs, symmetrical design, intersecting planes, tesselations, reflections and illusions to create art.
- His art includes mathematical formula's From our research we can conclude that Escher was both an artist and a mathematician. We know because of the mathematical techniques that he used to create his artwork. From today's perspective mathematicians can understand what Escher was trying to do so we can investigate the mathematical ideas that come from his artworks. Facts: Quiz! What does M.C. stand for?? 1) 2) Nationality? 3) What age was he when he died? Where did his ideas for his artworks come from? 4) What type of artist was he? 5) Bonus Question 1 Name 2 mathematical techniques that Escher used in his art. Bonus Question 2 Mathematician or Artist?