Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ferris Wheel Comparison Project
Transcript of Ferris Wheel Comparison Project
The Chicago World's Fair Ferris Wheel of 1893
f(x)=(amplitude) sine OR cosine (360/period)(x + phase shift) + vertical shift
General Equation for ANY cosine or sine function
Equation for the height of a rider at any given time (Worlds Fair)
The Navy Pier Ferris Wheel of 1990
y= (70) cos( (360/6)t) + 139
Equation for the height of a rider at any given time (Navy Pier)
Function for the height of a rider at any given time:
y= 70 sin( (360/6)t)+80
Function for the height of the rider at any given time:
Angular Speed: 360/10 mins
Angular Speed: 360/6 mins
Distance from starting position: 1.25 min
y= 125 sin(36(t-1.25) )+139
Distance from starting position: 2.5 mins
y= 70 sin(60(t-2.5) )+80
By Mina Samei and Zoe Chen