Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Asymptotes
1) Set denominator = 0
2) Solve for x
3) So, x = 3 is a Vertical Asymptote 2x +4
x - 3 x -3 = 0 x = 3 Other Asymptotes a) If the numerator has a LOWER DEGREE
than the denominator, there is a
horizontal asymptote, y = 0 (the x-axis) b) If the numerator and the denominator
have the SAME DEGREE, and the function is in the form of a fraction, the horizontal asymptote is the fraction created by the coefficient of the term with the highest degree in the numerator over the coefficient of the term with the highest degree in the denominator. 4x + 3 5x -6 The horizontal asymptote is y = 4/5 The vertical asymptote is x = 6/5 -5 x^2 - 3x -10 The horizontal asymptote is y = 0 The vertical asymptotes are
x = 5 and x = -2
***x^2 - 3x - 10 becomes
(x - 5)(x + 2)
x - 5 = 0 and x + 2 = 0
x = 5 x = -2