Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Green and Black Initiative
Transcript of Green and Black Initiative
"Diverse natures project"
“What are the barriers to BAME
environmentalism, sustainability and nature?”
Where is it? Is it accessible?
"I rely on public transport and there’s none that take me to the nature reserve"
Looking at where we live as a starting point instead of outside of Bristol!
crews hole & troopers hill
Are we trying to engage BAME communities with the environment and ideas of sustainability....... or are we working towards being more inclusive within the sector?
" people from BAME backgrounds already engage with nature and being 'green'"
we just don't call it 'green'
We need to distinguish between the two!
within the workplace or organisations
Engaging with ideas
Bristol has a population of about 449,300 people, of which 16 per cent identify as members of BME communities.
Yet only 9% are part of our workforce – that’s around 738 people
"Seeing people like me in the places I go"