Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Content-Based Instruction Approach
Transcript of Content-Based Instruction Approach
What is Content Based Approach?
Characteristics of CBA
Subject centered not language centered
Language is a vehicle for learning
Authentic materials and activities
EXPERIENCE TIME !!! :)
Advantages of CBA
Learning is interesting and motivating
Two things (language-content) is learnt at one time
Drawbacks of CBA
Teachers may not be qualified enough
Learners may find it hard to learn both content and language itself.
OBSERVING THE CLASSROOM
Language & Content
Helping the students
REVIEWING THE PRINCIPLES
1. Goal of the teacher and the students
2. Role of the teacher and the students
3. The nature of Student-Teacher and Student-Student interaction
4. The feelings of the students
5. Language and culture
6. Language skills
7. Role of the students’ native language
8. Respond to the students’ errors
DIFFERENT FACES OF CONTENT-BASED APPROACH
Sheltered Language Instruction
Language Experience Approach