Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Grammar Mini Lesson: Possessive Apostrophes
Transcript of Copy of Grammar Mini Lesson: Possessive Apostrophes
Katniss Plural noun ends in -s
add ‘ after the -s
Tributes = more than one tribute
The tributes’ arms are crossed because
they want to look intimidating. Tributes Plural nouns with no -s
add 's at the end
Children = plural noun
The children's faces are fearful because they
do not want to be picked. District 12 Children Peeta's conscience told him to toss Katniss bread.
Katniss 's sister was picked and Katniss volunteered.
The tributes' weapons were heavily guarded.
Katniss and Gale's friendship is confusing.
The children's mothers told them to come home. Let's Review! Singular noun ends in -s
add 's after the last -s
Katniss = one person
Katniss's best survival skill is hunting. Singular noun that doesn’t end in -s
add ‘s at the end
Peeta = one person
Peeta's face is dirty because there are no showers
in the Hunger Games. Peeta Katniss and Gale Shared possession
add ‘s at the end of the 2nd noun
Katniss + Gale = 2 nouns
Katniss and Gale's friendship is very
complicated. May the Apostrophes be ever in your favor Just for fun! Can you find the apostrophe error??? Correct any grammar mistakes you can find in the following sentences: 1. Several of this schools students will bring canned goods, bottles of water, and loaves of bread to the meeting.
2. The lamps bulb was busted; it had crashed to the ground.
3. In Gordon Ramsays show, "Hells Kitchen", he yells at chefs and calls them donkeys.
4. I am my fathers son.
5. Is Sallys favorite book "The Hunger Games"? Correct the grammar mistakes in the following sentences: 1. Three of this clubs members will provide canned goods, bottles of water, and loaves of bread to the citys food drive.
2. During hide and seek, Juans head was covered by a lamp shade and Luis whole body was covered by the windows curtains.
3. Martin Luther Kings speech about peoples dreams was very inspiring.
4. Alexie invented a new comic super hero named Madam Eyebrow while shaving his sisters backs.
5. Is Pablo Mr. Portugals favorite student?