Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
EXCESSES IN MEDIA
Transcript of EXCESSES IN MEDIA
ABUSE OF THE SOURCE-BASED
enchant of columnists to write something without verification
hese are stories are fictional and mostly invented by the authors.
1. “Jimmy’s world “, a story about an eight-year- old heroin addict. Written by Janet Cooke and published by Washington Post.
2. Story about Edwin Bayron, a male nurse in Bukidnon, who was reported to be pregnant. This story was published in June 1992 in the Daily Inquirer and picked up later by the other major dailies.
t is considered as one of the communication problems of society particularly in Mass Media. Absolutely, it is also known as “payola”. Envelopmental Journalism refers to a sum of money usually placed in an envelope given by some unscrupulous officials or persons to some equally unscrupulous media men.
he discourse of sectional paratexts
ight or license of one writer or artist to violate patterns of rhyme, harmony, etc. Also a form of deviating the rule, conventional form, logic; or fact in order to produce a desired effect. Defined as creating other words that do not really exists.
poetic license is a metaphoric expression. And also it is a privilege to a writer to break rules in order to make a good piece for the publication of his/her story, song, or poem.
his is the habit of journalists to put a label or tag on persons or organizations
hese columnists often seek refuge under the doctrine of fair comment, althoughthe intention is to malign other people.
ccurs when an individual or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation for an act in another.
conflict of interest is a set of circumstances that creates a risk that professional judgement or actions regarding a primary interest will be unduly influenced by a secondary interest.