Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Alzheimer's Disease
Disease/ symptoms What is Alzheimer's disease? About Alzheimers Disease I choose Alzheimer's disease, because my grandma has Alzheimer's. she inherited this disease from her father, who also had the disease. Sadly, my grandma's Alzheimer's is progressing and she is in the final stages of the disease. Although Alzheimer's is thought to be associated with plaques and tangles in the brain, the cause
and progression of the disease is still not
understood. Alzheimers disease facts and figures A majority of cases of Alzheimers disease are not genetically inherited although some genes may act as risk factors. 1. Memory loss
2. Difficulty solving task
3. Changes in personality
4. Difficulty organizing or expressing thoughts
5. Misplacing belongings
6. Loss in balance
7. Loss in senses hearing,sight,touch,taste,
and smell http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alzheimers-stages/AZ00041 People with Alzheimers or death of It Ronald Reagan
Charlie L. Koo ( Nobel Prize Winner
Pat Summit(Univ. of Tenn girls b-ball)
and My grandma just to name a few Medicine for Alzheimers Medicine for Alzheimers disease does slow the process of the disease and help memory but does not fix the disease. Alzheimers happens after the age of 65 most often. Clinical Trials for medicine Clinical trials Early diagnosis of Alzheimers disease scientist can test drugs or treatments to see if that intervention is effective and for whom would it work best. http://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/publication/alzheimers-disease-fact-sheet In the future Alzheimers will be cured, but for now all we can do to try to stop this is help other people who have this disease and donate to organizations who help research new ideas in solving a cure. We can cure the problem Warning signs of Alzheimers disease - Confusion about time and place
- Memory loss of names, placement of objects and other new information
-Struggling to complete daily actions such as getting dressed and brushing teeth
- Difficulty in solving mental assignments such as balancing a check book or task involving numbers http://www.alzfdn.org/AboutAlzheimers/warningsigns.html Inherited late onset Alzheimers disease http://www.dementiaguide.com/aboutdementia/alzheimers/inherited/ Alzheimers Disease in the media Alzheimers is predicted to be cured in 2025 with experimental drugs that have been tested on. Thank you for having to listen to my Prezi. Bibliography http://www.alz.org/ http://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/publication/alzheimers-disease-fact-sheet http://www.dementiaguide.com/aboutdementia/alzheimers/inherited/ http://www.alzfdn.org/AboutAlzheimers/warningsigns.html http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alzheimers-stages/AZ00041