Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Minecraft In The Classroom
Transcript of Minecraft In The Classroom
I can haz Minecraft?
King's Landing - Game of Thrones
Nebraska State Capitol
- Teach concepts in math, science and the humanities.
- Use the blocks to teach scale
- Breed animals to teach genetics.
- Create circuits and complex machines
- Teach about concepts in engineering.
- Economics; trading, supply & demand
Learning is organized around intrinsic passion
-Learners produce; not just consume
- Not age graded
- New learners and experts work together
- Students lear to monitor & learn to be mentored
-Knowledge is distributed & dispersed
-Learning is proactive, but aided
- Everyone is still a learner
-Fosters Analysis, synthesis and creativity
-Biology, Ecology, Physics
-Learn, Risk, Fail all within a protected environment
Fully Functioning Graphic Calculator
Biology / Ecology / Physics
What is real?
Aggression / Consensus / Property
MODES OF MINECRAFT
- was publicly released for the PC on May 17, 2009
- full release version on November 18, 2011
- PC, XBox, Playstation, iPod, ipad, Android
james paul gee
Simulation > Information
Digital Vs. Tangible
Town of Campbell
imagine / Create / Consensus / Collaboration / Community
So much more
so what is minecraft?
- Sandbox game
- 35 million copies have been sold worldwide
- some schools in Sweden have minecraft as a required course
- Estimated 250,000 students have access through minecraftedu
- 100+ Million registered users worldwide
Creations live in perpetuity
winter is coming