Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Confucianism VS. Daoism
Transcript of Confucianism VS. Daoism
Dealt mainly with Social Relationships
Proper Conduct with others
Filial Piety - complete obedience to one's parents
One should worship their ancestors
Males, Older Males in particular were superior
Founded by Confucius
Became a huge philosophy in China long after Confucius' death.
Founded in China
Competed with Buddhism to be the most popular philosophy in China
Mandarin the most used language
No angels involved
Followers wear special religious robes
Tolerate of other religions
Goal: To achieve balance in life
Dao - God or "The Way"
Good or Bad must be shared
De - the value of virtue, morality, and integrity
Created Tai Chi and Chinese Chemistry through religious practices.
Practiced a healthy lifestyle
Do not Believe in Earthly Objects
Women were equally respected
Founded by Lao Tzu
Followers tried to create immortality.