Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of government
CITIZENSHIP and VOTING
THREE LEVELS OF GOVERNMENT
Australia has a Federal system of parliament
THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT
GOVERNMENT IN AUSTRALIA
Australia is a
Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
• Prime Minister – Kevin Rudd
• Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Broadband, Communications, the Digital Economy – Anthony Albanese
• Minister for Finance - Penny Wong
• Minister for Mental Health and Ageing – Jacinta Collins
• Treasurer – Chris Bowen
• Minister for Defence – Stephen Smith
• Minister for Families, Community Services, Indigenous Affairs, Disability Reform
– Jenny Macklin
• Minister for Foreign Affairs – Bob Carr
• Minister for the Arts, Immigration, Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship – Tony Burke
• Minister for Regional Australia, Local Government and Territories – Catherine King
• Minister for Education and Workplace Relations – Bill Shorten
• Minister for Climate Change, the Environment, Heritage and Water – Mark Butler
• Attorney-General and Minister for Emergency Management, Public Service and Integrity – Mark Dreyfus
• Minister for Resources and Energy, Tourism and Small Business – Gary Grey
• Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry – Joel Fitzgibbon
• Minister for Health and Medical Research – Tanya Plibersek
• Minister for Housing, Homelessnes, Community Services, the Status of Women, Indigenous Employment and Economic Development – Julie Collins
• Minister for Trade – Richard Marles
• Minister for Employment, Skills and Training – Brendan O Connor
• Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research and Higher Education – Kim Carr
(cc) image by anemoneprojectors on Flickr
(cc) image by rocketboom on Flickr
Forming a Parliamentary Party
"Government by God" (in reality this means government by religious leaders). Iran is ruled by the Grand Ayatollah and Vatican by the Pope.
Government by a small group of people.
Most Communist countries are oligarchies
where a small group holds power. Eg. China.
Government by one ruler (king/queen, emperor).
the monarch is the only
source of all laws and can make any law they want.
is usually a democracy
and has a constitution, with the monarch as head of
state. The monarch doesn't dictate law on their own.
Democracy - Government by the people
Monarchy - Government by a single ruler (king/queen, emperor)
Oligarchy - Government by few persons
Theocracy - "Government by God" (in reality this means government by religious leaders)
Dictatorship - Government by people, that have seized power by force (often: military dictatorship)
Government by people
that have seized power
by force (often a
Government by the people.
USA is a representative democracy,
where the people elect government officials
who then make decisions on their behalf.
WHAT IS GOVERNMENT?
The person or people who have control/ authority over a community.