Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of government
CITIZENSHIP and VOTING
THREE LEVELS OF GOVERNMENT
Australia has a Federal system of parliament
THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT
GOVERNMENT IN AUSTRALIA
Australia is a
Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
• Prime Minister – Kevin Rudd
• Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Broadband, Communications, the Digital Economy – Anthony Albanese
• Minister for Finance - Penny Wong
• Minister for Mental Health and Ageing – Jacinta Collins
• Treasurer – Chris Bowen
• Minister for Defence – Stephen Smith
• Minister for Families, Community Services, Indigenous Affairs, Disability Reform
– Jenny Macklin
• Minister for Foreign Affairs – Bob Carr
• Minister for the Arts, Immigration, Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship – Tony Burke
• Minister for Regional Australia, Local Government and Territories – Catherine King
• Minister for Education and Workplace Relations – Bill Shorten
• Minister for Climate Change, the Environment, Heritage and Water – Mark Butler
• Attorney-General and Minister for Emergency Management, Public Service and Integrity – Mark Dreyfus
• Minister for Resources and Energy, Tourism and Small Business – Gary Grey
• Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry – Joel Fitzgibbon
• Minister for Health and Medical Research – Tanya Plibersek
• Minister for Housing, Homelessnes, Community Services, the Status of Women, Indigenous Employment and Economic Development – Julie Collins
• Minister for Trade – Richard Marles
• Minister for Employment, Skills and Training – Brendan O Connor
• Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research and Higher Education – Kim Carr
(cc) image by anemoneprojectors on Flickr
(cc) image by rocketboom on Flickr
Forming a Parliamentary Party
"Government by God" (in reality this means government by religious leaders). Iran is ruled by the Grand Ayatollah and Vatican by the Pope.
Government by a small group of people.
Most Communist countries are oligarchies
where a small group holds power. Eg. China.
Government by one ruler (king/queen, emperor).
the monarch is the only
source of all laws and can make any law they want.
is usually a democracy
and has a constitution, with the monarch as head of
state. The monarch doesn't dictate law on their own.
Democracy - Government by the people
Monarchy - Government by a single ruler (king/queen, emperor)
Oligarchy - Government by few persons
Theocracy - "Government by God" (in reality this means government by religious leaders)
Dictatorship - Government by people, that have seized power by force (often: military dictatorship)
Government by people
that have seized power
by force (often a
Government by the people.
USA is a representative democracy,
where the people elect government officials
who then make decisions on their behalf.
WHAT IS GOVERNMENT?
The person or people who have control/ authority over a community.