Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ecuador Earthquake
1906 January 31 at 3:35 pm
occurred off the coast of Ecuador
it is number 7 on the Richter Scale
The earthquake off the coast of Ecuador and Colombia generated a strong tsunami that killed 500 to 1500 people. It was observed all along the coast of Central America and as far north as San Francisco and west to Japan.
The earthquake had a magnitude of 8.8
The earthquake occurred along the boundary between the Nazca Plate and the South American Plate. The earthquake is likely to be a result of thrust-faulting, caused by the subduction of the Nazca plate beneath the South American plate.
latitude and longitude