Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Capstone
1. Education - Bachelor's or associate's degrees are popular requirements for many graphic design jobs. Typical coursework for graphic designers includes typography, digital design, drawing, interactive design, and graphic form.
Students can also receive targeted education in design programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and Quark.
3. Projects - A graphic designer or graphic artist show information through visual solutions that promote or enhance a service, product, philosophy or entity, film media, animation, sound, images, illustration, type, color, and "white space", flyers, informational pamphlets, product catalogs and advertisements.
A good designer has a strong interpersonal and marketing skills, in a addition to a keen eye and an adept knowledge of electronic media packages.
5. related careers -
camera operators - television, video and motion picture art directors
college professors - art, drama and music teachers directors
wholesale and retail buyers
elementary school teachers
2. Salary - the employment rate of graphic designers is expected to increase 13% from 2008-2018
Employment growth will be an effect of the rising number of advertising and electronic design firms, as well as increasing numbers of products and services that need to be advertised.
The median expected salary for a typical Graphic Design Specialist in the United States is $48,437.
Salaries vary widely depending on the sector of employment, geographical location and the experience and reputation of the designer.
6. Job description - prepares visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts.
A graphic designer is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact.
The role involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions.
4. Lifestyle- Being a graphic designer is enjoyable but can be financially struggling at times. You need to become well known and have a great portfolio. You get the opportunities to travel a lot and meet amazing people. It's a blessing to have a job like this but you will have highs and lows.
I spoke with some of my professors and asked them if they could be anything they wanted to be, or have a different career, what would you be/do? They both said they would still be graphic designers.
* Portal, Education. "Graphic Designer: Educational Requirements for a Career in Graphic Design." Education Portal. N.p., n.d. Web. 4 Dec. 2014.
* "Graphic Design Specialist Salary - Salary.com." Salary.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 4 Dec. 2014.
* "Designer Daily." Designer Dailys RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 4 Dec. 2014.
* "Summary." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, n.d. Web. 4 Dec. 2014..