Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social Media 101
Transcript of Social Media 101
To repost what another user
has posted to Twitter.
Users who subscribe to receive
updates from you.
A public tweet sent from one user
A way to tag a keyword
or topic within a post
to give it emphasis and
make it more easily
searchable by other users.
A private message to another
user who follows you.
Direct Message (DM)
To subscribe to someone's
Tweets or updates.
Other uses of
• Post links to press releases,
employment opportunities, important info
• Tweet relevant news - awards,
nominations, business updates, Exec
• Tweet live updates from events
(many events will use hashtags so
people can follow along ex. #HRForum2013)
• Share photos and links to articles
• Retweet relevant mentions, links to
stories and articles
• Based on connections that are not necessarily
• NOT Anonymous
• Used differently by everyone (personal, professional, personal for professional)
Use Twitter to:
Expand your professional network
Connect with family, friends and communities
both locally and globally
Keep track of events as they happen
Discover new things
Follow me on Twitter:
1) Sign up at Twitter.com
2) Fill in your bio
3) Start following
Who should I follow?
Use hashtags to find interesting people
There is a GCPEDIA page that lists employees on Twitter
Search locally, family, friends, businesses, authors, sports figures and teams
Check out who others are following
Your network will expand naturally over time
Working with Facebook
Other Social Media
- Reach audiences not otherwise accessible
- Crowd source feedback on a subject/topic
- Build networks with shared interests (#w2p)