Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
8th Grade - Atoms
Transcript of 8th Grade - Atoms
Atom - The smallest unit of an element.
Example - 1 atom of gold is the smallest piece of gold that is possible.
This is a gold atom.
the center of the atom, which is made up of protons and neutrons
the area around the nucleus where electrons are found
- A subatomic particle with a positive charge
- weighs 1.0073 amu
- A subatomic particle with a neutral charge
- weighs 1.0087 amu
- A subatomic particle with a negative charge
- weighs 0.0006 amu
Atomic Mass Unit (amu) - A unit of measurement that measures the mass of an atom or molecule
Atomic Mass - the mass of an atom expressed in atomic mass units