Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
8th Grade - Atoms
Transcript of 8th Grade - Atoms
Atom - The smallest unit of an element.
Example - 1 atom of gold is the smallest piece of gold that is possible.
This is a gold atom.
the center of the atom, which is made up of protons and neutrons
the area around the nucleus where electrons are found
- A subatomic particle with a positive charge
- weighs 1.0073 amu
- A subatomic particle with a neutral charge
- weighs 1.0087 amu
- A subatomic particle with a negative charge
- weighs 0.0006 amu
Atomic Mass Unit (amu) - A unit of measurement that measures the mass of an atom or molecule
Atomic Mass - the mass of an atom expressed in atomic mass units