Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Calculus: Applications to Biology and Medicine
Transcript of Calculus: Applications to Biology and Medicine
The name calculus often brings about terror amongst people. It is one strand of math which many people are afraid of coming across. But, it has real-life applications in ways that people who not imagine. Biology and Medicine use calculus in unbelievable ways. Let's take a look.
Calculus can be used to determine the blood flow in an artery or a vein at a given point in time.
Calculus can be used to find the amount of blood pumped through the heart per unit time.
Calculus can be used to determine how fast a tumour is growing or shrinking and how many cells make up a tumour.
As you can see, calculus can be applied to many real-life situations. Biology and Medicine have particular uses for certain principles in calculus to better serve and treat people. It has many beneficial uses and makes medical/biological processes easier.
By: Tanvi Patel