Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
WITCHCRAFT IN PUERTO RICO
Transcript of WITCHCRAFT IN PUERTO RICO
Santeria - the way of Saints.
**Orishas rule over nature and every aspect of human life.
**Santeria consists of myths, stories, and legends (or patakí)
**More than 400 deities exist.
**Mainly white magic and excludes any black witchcraft.
Some rituals require
Speaking to the dead.
Sacrifices to worship the orisha gods
**Santeria initiation requires a long, complicated process..
**Santeras and santeros receive at least two initiations.
1) The first initiation is the Catholic baptism.
2) If the Santerían’s fate dictates it, he or she undergoes a kariocha..
1) First Level-the madrina or padrino, the godmother or godfather.
**They teach new initiates and advise novices.
** Babies born with a caul, or birth mark on their faces are said to be born with special abilities.
2) Santero and santera, priests and priestesses.
**They lead rituals , offer herbal cures, and do magic.
3) Babalao is the highest level of priesthood.
Ritual is more common to Santería than magic.
"Guayama." , Puerto Rico. Web. 4 May 2015
"J. Lo’s Black Magic? – The Practice of Santeria." Beginning And End. Web. 4 May 2015. <http://beginningandend.com/j-los-black-magic-the-practice-of-santeria/>.
"Tag Archives: Puerto Rico." Witches Of The Craft. Web. 4 May 2015. <http://witchesofthecraft.com/tag/puerto-rico/>.