Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Effective Classroom Interactions: Supporting Young Children’
Transcript of Effective Classroom Interactions: Supporting Young Children’
This course is intended to increase teachers’ knowledge about specific types of teacher-child interactions that promote young children's development. The course will focus on helping teachers to offer emotionally supportive interactions to the children in their care.
-Know that interactions with teachers are critical for children’s success in early childhood and beyond.
- See examples of effective teaching.
- Know how you can become more intentional in your own classroom interactions
Class Basic Information
Course Duration : 4 weeks Workload : 2-3 hours/week
Time and Date :Friday 1pm- 3pm
Venue : LAB B
Students :Evelynn , Judy, Malvin
Teacher :Teacher Louise
WEEK ONE- CREATING EMOTIONALLY SUPPORTIVE CLASSROOMS:
- This week include an overview of the areas and dimensions of the Teaching through Interactions Framework.
- This course focus specifically on the area of Emotional Support.
Week Two –BUILDING POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH CHILDREN – THE DIMENSION OF POSITIVE CLIMATE
- First dimension of Emotional Support – Positive Climate.
-Learn about the importance of Positive Climate, see and analyze examples of effective Positive Climate
-Technique of Banking Time, an approach for developing positive relationships with more challenging students
WEEK THREE - PROVIDING INDIVIDUALIZED SUPPORT TO YOUNG CHILDREN – THE DIMENSION OF TEACHER SENSITIVITY:
-Focus on Teacher Sensitivity.
-Learn about the importance of sensitive interactions with children and what sensitive interactions look like in real classrooms.
Week Four – -SUPPORTING CHILDREN’S INDEPENDENCE AND SENSE OF SELF – THE DIMENSION OF REGARD FOR CHILD PERSPECTIVES:
-Learn how important it is for young children to have opportunities for their voices and perspectives to be heard, as well as how to foster children’s feelings of self-efficacy and positive self-concepts through your daily interactions. Finally, sum up all of the dimensions of Emotional Support across the course.
Test Your Knowledge Quizzes (80%):
All Test Your Knowledge Quizzes will receive full credit as long as they are submitted before the course closes.
Forum Participation (20%):
At least 10 posts/comments for full credit.
Statement of Accomplishment
Achieve an overall class grade of at least 75%.
- Watch Video Lectures and Quizzes
- Participate in Discussion Forums
- Take Test Your Knowledge Quiz (graded)
- Complete Homework Assignment (optional)
Class Basic Information