Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Effective Classroom Interactions: Supporting Young Children’
Transcript of Effective Classroom Interactions: Supporting Young Children’
This course is intended to increase teachers’ knowledge about specific types of teacher-child interactions that promote young children's development. The course will focus on helping teachers to offer emotionally supportive interactions to the children in their care.
-Know that interactions with teachers are critical for children’s success in early childhood and beyond.
- See examples of effective teaching.
- Know how you can become more intentional in your own classroom interactions
Class Basic Information
Course Duration : 4 weeks Workload : 2-3 hours/week
Time and Date :Friday 1pm- 3pm
Venue : LAB B
Students :Evelynn , Judy, Malvin
Teacher :Teacher Louise
WEEK ONE- CREATING EMOTIONALLY SUPPORTIVE CLASSROOMS:
- This week include an overview of the areas and dimensions of the Teaching through Interactions Framework.
- This course focus specifically on the area of Emotional Support.
Week Two –BUILDING POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH CHILDREN – THE DIMENSION OF POSITIVE CLIMATE
- First dimension of Emotional Support – Positive Climate.
-Learn about the importance of Positive Climate, see and analyze examples of effective Positive Climate
-Technique of Banking Time, an approach for developing positive relationships with more challenging students
WEEK THREE - PROVIDING INDIVIDUALIZED SUPPORT TO YOUNG CHILDREN – THE DIMENSION OF TEACHER SENSITIVITY:
-Focus on Teacher Sensitivity.
-Learn about the importance of sensitive interactions with children and what sensitive interactions look like in real classrooms.
Week Four – -SUPPORTING CHILDREN’S INDEPENDENCE AND SENSE OF SELF – THE DIMENSION OF REGARD FOR CHILD PERSPECTIVES:
-Learn how important it is for young children to have opportunities for their voices and perspectives to be heard, as well as how to foster children’s feelings of self-efficacy and positive self-concepts through your daily interactions. Finally, sum up all of the dimensions of Emotional Support across the course.
Test Your Knowledge Quizzes (80%):
All Test Your Knowledge Quizzes will receive full credit as long as they are submitted before the course closes.
Forum Participation (20%):
At least 10 posts/comments for full credit.
Statement of Accomplishment
Achieve an overall class grade of at least 75%.
- Watch Video Lectures and Quizzes
- Participate in Discussion Forums
- Take Test Your Knowledge Quiz (graded)
- Complete Homework Assignment (optional)
Class Basic Information