Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
DSMP Week 9: Infographics
Transcript of DSMP Week 9: Infographics
early thematic map
( Drill Down)
Just because we can/
(to about half way)
Usability vs Versatility
Interactivity can be very confusing
Entertainment or Artistic vs Cognitively Efficient
music (production and distribution)
Phone Hacking Graphic
Repubs vs Dems
Static: tho' Historic, still useful
Current: Dynamic + Interactive
Value - Chart Junk vs Extrinsic Value
Good or Bad points about Static?
Have time to see detail
No 'Hunt the Content'
Paper is simple
Motion cognition helpful
e.g. change over time
a way of organising lots of data
Comparing shapes, not numbers
Lengths more than areas
Areas more than shades
Intrinsic vs Extrinsic value (Purple Cow)
Critique the following
- Use of Persistence
- Base map
- Data story
Bad things about this
Design an animated map to show this
And a set of multiples