Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"Zebra" by Chaim Potok
Transcript of "Zebra" by Chaim Potok
prowled the hallways, looking for students
without passes. balanced and prepared for action poised Jake would wince every time someone touched his cast, even though it didn't really hurt. He was still shaken up from the accident.
To shrink or start involuntarily, as in pain or distress; flinch.
A shrinking or startled movement or gesture. wince The dog looked menacing with its teeth bared and ears laid back. Full of unrestrained enthusiasm or joy. The children enjoyed the unexpected recess, and played exuberantly while they could. ex·u·ber·ant (adjective) ex·uber·ant·ly (adverb)
1. Thin and bony; angular.
2. Emaciated and haggard; drawn.
3. Bleak and desolate; barren. gaunt adjective Donald was propped up on the pillows, very gaunt, with his eyes set far back in their sockets. men·ace noun 1.A possible danger; a threat. men·ac·ing: adjective: threatening verb winced, winc·ing, winc·es dis·ci·pli·nar·i·an noun one who disciplines or
enforces order in·tri·cate adjective Having many complexly
arranged elements; elaborate The jigsaw puzzle was nearly impossible, with its intricate design split into so many pieces. en·crust adjective en·crust·ed 1. To cover or coat with or as if with a crust. The child's hands were encrusted with color after a happy hour spent finger painting. adjective The runners were poised at the starting line, waiting for the signal to go. jaun·ty adjective Having a buoyant or self-confident air;
light or carefree jaunti·ly adverb Full of confidence, the new graduate set his cap jauntily on his head and set off to find a job. tensing verb tightening or becoming taut Allie felt her muscles tensing as the stranger approached. disciplinarian exuberantly gaunt menacing wince intricate encrusted poised jauntily tensing