Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Major Dennis Mobley
Transcript of Major Dennis Mobley
15 years as executive secretary
"For all people"
Involved in vocational education legislation
Fought for CTE when President Eisenhower eliminated funds
1986 director of vocational education & supervised all areas of CTE
Never lose sight of the fact that vocational education is highly socio-economic in its orientation by helping people to find jobs in which they can succeed
- M. D. Mobley
Career and Technical Education
Pro Mobley's Philosophies
1. CTE must be part of total education
--> Prepare for
2. CTE available to everybody
--> Everyone can benefit
--> Vocational Education Act of 1963 (availability of CTE)
--> Federal Aid
3. CTE is everybody's concern
--> Apply to all society and economy (students to policy makers)
4. Professionalization must continue
5. Youth is important
-> Prepared students
for leadership roles
Thursday, April 30, 2015
Who was Major Dennis Mobley?
Con Mobley's Philosophies
Born in the 1890's in Georgia
Studied to be an agriculture teacher at University of Georgia
Taught for 5 years
Associate professor of agriculture at the University of Georgia
Organized Future Farmers of America 1928 FFA adviser
Ability to work with all types of people
Using people as resources is a greater asset than wealth
CTE is for everyone and should be everyone concern
Still used in CTE today
Do you see an negative aspects of his philosophies?
Are his philosophies still being used?
Leaders Who Influenced CTE
Gordon, Howard R. D.
The History and Growth of Career and Technical Education in America. 2014.