Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Gloria Estefan
What are her accomplishments?
Gloria has released many, many albums; first with her band (Miami Sound Machine) and then as a solo artist. She has sold over an estimated 100 million records worldwide and has won 7 Grammys.
1. Gloria was in a several car accident in 1990 on a snowy day in Pennsylvania while on her tour bus. She fractured her spine, but made a full and miraculous recovery.
2. Gloria has written 2 children's books.
3. Her father fought in Vietnam War.
4. She is also an actress and has made appearances in several movies.
5. Gloria speaks 3 languages: Spanish , English, and French.
Where is she from?
Gloria Estefan was born in Havana, Cuba, on September 1st, 1957. She fled Cuba with her parents, Jose and Gloria Fajarado, and her younger sister, Becky Garcia, during the Cuban Revolution. They moved to Miami, Florida.
Gloria married Emilio Estefan and they had two kids.
What is her occupation?
Estefan is a singer/songwriter who also acts and writes children's books.
How did she achieve fame?
Gloria Estefan's music slowly and gradually became more popular until she reached international fame and success.
What has she contributed to society?
Gloria Estefan has moved people with her music and sold millions of records all over the world. She also inspired people with her resiliency after the tour bus accident.
How did she become a singer/songwriter?
After her father fell ill, Gloria was very stressed and felt weighed down with responsibility. She would sit in he room and sing for hours because it made her feel better about her situation.