Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Another Day in Paradise
Transcript of Another Day in Paradise
Poverty is general scarcity or dearth, or the state of one who lacks a certain amount of material possessions or money. (Wikipedia)
Artist: Phil Colin
Title: Another Day in Paradise
Social Issue: Poverty
Artist and Title
Song Analysis (Meaning)
- Homeless / the poor calls out for help
It's cold and I've nowhere to sleep
-Got blisters on the soles of her feet
-You can tell from the lines on her face
Song Analysis (Poetic Devices)
Nearly 1/2 of the world's population — more than 3 million people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty, that's less than $1.25 a day. 2. 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty
Poverty in Hong Kong
0.27 million poor households, 0.66 million living in poverty and 9.8% of the entire population. (2013)
SCMP poverty study shows that the expenditure of the bottom 30 per cent of households exceeds their income. Those living in public housing do feel slightly better off as they are protected from private rental costs. (2014)
Song Analysis (Message)
- Mr. Colin urges listeners not to turn a blind eye on poverty
think about it
-is there nothing more anybody can do?
What can we do?
- Donate money to charities
- Bring food for homeless
- Be less wasteful
F.3 English Literature
3. Hong Kong Poverty Situation 2013
-Is there nothing more anybody can do?
- but no one provides assistance
He pretends he can't hear her
- we live comfortably
-'cause another day for you and me in paradise