Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Case Study on the Influence of Having OFWs as Parents on their Adolescent Children's Studying Habits
Transcript of Case Study on the Influence of Having OFWs as Parents on their Adolescent Children's Studying Habits
Points of Interest:
Common/ present issue among youth
REALITY: Increasing number of OFW parents
survey: Scholasticans from years 7 to 10, limiting the scope to 10 students per section
Interview: 1) Students with OFWs as Parents, 2) Spouses of OFWs
Recent or past investigation on topics akin to the study
Dilemmas to Encounter:
* Uncooperative interviewees
May be uncomfortable sharing their personal lives and academic standing
Aims & Objectives of the Study
* Inform parents the effects of their decisions in working abroad
* Impart knowledge to parents thinking of becoming OFWs
* Determine causes & effects of its influences to youth's studying habits
of the Topic
A study by Rebecca Deutscher, Ph.D. and Mary Ibe, M.A. Lewis Center for Educational Research, Apple Valley, California focused on how Parent Involvement affect Children’s Academic Performance
Other researches based or related to the topic
Benefactors & Benefits
* OFW Parents: caution & awareness on its negative effects
* Students exposed to this issue may use these problems as a basis for their future plans
*EFFECTS of this problem, which is having OFWs as parents, to the affected group's (which is their adolescent children) grades.
Responses to Aims
* General conclusion deduced from survey and interviews
Having OFWs as parents influence the decline of the adolescent's focus on their studying habits.
GROUP 5 X - ST. FRANCES
8 Honey Dianne Carag
12 Colleen Cruz
14 Patricia Dela Peña
17 Zia Enriquez
19 Miyya Ortega Garcia
20 Veigh Gogola
31 Cara Olaguer
33 Kemiko Paras