Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Apartheid
Freedom from discrimination
Freedom from Torture and Degrading Treatment
The right to marriage and family.
"D" = "Highly Dangerous, Expected to try to escape"
"C" = "Big threat, expected to try to escape"
"B" = "Big threat, expected to not escape"
"A" = "No big threat, trusted not to escape"
WHY WE SHOULD NOT FORGET ABOUT APARTHEID
BANTU = BLACK
COLORED = MIXED RACE
ASIAN = INDIAN AND PAKISTANI
Because South Africa is still a chronically racially divided nation
Because opponents of apartheid faced serious punishment
43.5% of South Africans rarely or never speak to someone of another race
27.4% interact with a person of another race always or often on ordinary weekdays
25.9% do so sometimes
17.8% South Africans always or often socialize with people of other races
21.6% do so sometimes
56.6% rarely or never socialize across race lines.
Why We Should Not Forget About Apartheid
SO THAT IS DOES NOT HAPPEN AGAIN