Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Abortion Rights
History of Abortion in the US
Roe v. Wade legalized abortion nationwide in 1973, it was already legal in several states, but the decision imposed a uniform framework for state legislation on the subject. It established a minimal period during which abortion must be legal
Injustice in Banning Abortions
Reproductive choice empowers women by giving them control over their own bodies.
Fetuses are incapable of feeling pain when most abortions are performed.
Access to legal, professionally-performed abortions reduces maternal injury and death caused by unsafe, illegal abortions.
Women who receive abortions are less likely to suffer mental health problems than women denied abortions.
Reproductive choice protects women from financial disadvantage.
What is abortion?
Abortion is the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy. Women around the world have used abortion to control their reproduction at every point in history, and in every known society, regardless of its legality.
t for abortion rig