Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sikh Religion
around 1500 CE
One God --THE TEN GURUS--
Guru Nanak Dev (The founder of the religion, the first Guru)
Guru Angad Dev
Guru Amar Das
Guru Ram Das
Guru Arjan Dev
Guru Har Rai
Guru Tegh Bahadur
Guru Gobind Singh (The last Guru alive, and the creator fo the holy book, Guru Granth Sahib)
Guru Granth Sahib (The holy book, the sikhs worship and learn from the book after the Guru dies. Guru Granth Sahib
The holy text of Sikhism, contains the idea from Islam, Hinduism and Sikhism.
After ten Gurus, the Sikh people then worship the holy text and learn from it. TRADITIONS/BELIFS SYMBOLS Gurdwaras is open every day
Hola Mohalla, Baishaki, and Guru Nanak's birthday.
Sikhs do not cut their hair.
Sikhs eat food called langar.
Sikhs sing songs called shabads.
Sikh children wear patka
Sikhs may marry whomever they choose The five "K's"
Kesh - uncut hair.
Kara - an iron bracelet
Kirpan - sword
Kachehra - short pants
Kanga - hair comb INFLUENCE 27 MILLION SIKHS WORLDWIDE PUNJAB ART OPERATION BLUE STAR