Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Evolution of the Owl
Transcript of Evolution of the Owl
Originally birds evolved from dinosaurs called theropods.
Birds today evolved from the first birds called archaeopteryx, which were alive 140 million years ago.
The archaeopteryx seperated through the world and adapted to different habitats. Eventually the birds developed thier own behaviors and features.
The evolution of owls began 80 million years ago when they seperated from a group of birds called nightjars that are also nocturnal predators.
The earliest known owl is called ogygoptynx, which apeared during the paleocene epoch about 65 million years ago
The earliest fossils of modern owls were found in France.
Modern owls evolved from early ancestors like the Barn owl.
Short Eared Owl
Great Horned Owl