Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
John Dalton - Atomic Theory & Gas Experiments
Transcript of John Dalton - Atomic Theory & Gas Experiments
The fundamental difference of each atom is the atomic mass 1. All matter is composed of atoms
2. atoms cannot be made or destroyed
3. All atoms of the same element are identical
(Continued) The Theory in Detail 4. Different elements have different types of atoms
5. Chemical reactions occur when atoms are rearranged
6. Compounds are formed from atoms of the constituent elements The Theory in Detail He measured the amount of water vapor that air could absorb at different temperatures
Then derive the formula: PT = P1 + P2 + P3 + ... (known as Dalton's Law of Partial Pressures)
Dalton's Gas Experiment His discovery in atoms led to a bright future of molecules and compounds; although part of his theory was superseded due to the lack of precise measurement, he made fundamental assumptions Dalton's Legacy Thank You