Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Actuarial Science Induction Day
Transcript of Actuarial Science Induction Day
One!!! RISK Students Employers Profession Academics Contact details:
email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
028 9097 4671 OR 028 9097 4819
http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/QueensUniversityManagementSchool/StudyingattheSchool/BScCourses/BScActuarialScienceandRiskManagement/ INDUCTION DAY WELCOME! 1. The role of an actuary - where might the career take you?
2. Why come to university? What to expect, what we expect?
3. Course structure
7. Teaching and Learning style
8. Study techniques
9. Support mechanisms
10. Think like an actuary
11. Personal Tutors WHY BE AN ACTUARY?
WHERE MIGHT THE CAREER TAKE YOU? WHY COME TO UNIVERSITY?
WHAT TO EXPECT?
WHAT WE EXPECT? COURSE STRUCTURE SoNIA Study techniques SUPPORT MECHANISMS ACCREDITATION TEACHING AND LEARNING STYLE THINK LIKE AN ACTUARY PERSONAL TUTORS http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7C8FADC31427FFDE&feature=plcp Graduates from 2011 and from 2012 now.
41 of 42 employed from 2011!
21 of 27 already employed from 2012! PLACEMENTS
JILL MCGRATH THANK YOU Room PFC 02/013 Room PFC 02/010 Room PFC 02/009 Room PFC 02/011