Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Discipline
Controlling the Chaos
Discipline = Life
Discipline = Love
Our goal is to create kidmin environments where all kids are safe to learn and free to connect with God so that they can become disciples.
- Discipline = Mean
- Kids don't like rules
- We can't discipline at church!
- Kids won't like us.
- Our goal is still and quiet.
Kids don't like rules
We can't discipline @ church
Kids won't like us
Our goal is still and quiet
A disciplined environment is no fun.
- Unrealistic expectations
- Unreached learning styles
- Ignorance of rules
- They are still kids!
- For all have sinned...
They Are Still
For all have sinned...
are we creating
- Know your class well.
- Consistency is KEY!
- Be overly prepared.
- Think through potential problems.
- Invest in relationship.
Think through any potential problems.
Invest in relationship
- Give full attention
- Acknowledge each child.
- Smooth transitions
- Steady momentum
- Out of chairs!
- Choose your battles
Acknowledge each child.
Out of chairs!
Variety & fun
Choose your battles
Correct without disrupting
Partnering with Parents
1.We are truly partners.
2. We run the risk of losing trust.
1.Balance grace and truth.
2. Communicate relationship.
3. Seek partnership.
When they don't want to hear it.
1. Keep communicating relationship.
2. Decide your line.
3. Err on the side of partnership without sacrificing safety.
Knowing all of this, why is discipline a challenge in kidmin?
Who are you?
Where are you from?
Craziest discipline story/most stressful issue?
- Everything we do is with mind of pointing them to Christ
- Relationship (1 Peter 4:8)
- never shame, never revenge
- continuum of ignore to address immediately
- Major on the majors.
- avoid power struggles
- Clear and consistent expectations
- Honor the child
- Different kids, different solutions
- Behavior be example
- Change voice volume
- Drop names
- Acknowledge appropriate behaviors.
- Be interesting.
Developing a Discipline Plan