Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Land Bridge Theory
Transcript of Land Bridge Theory
1. Discuss the migration to the Americas.
2.Analyze the relationship between changes in the overall climate, environment, and hunting techniques. The First Americans The First Americans Notes: The First Amerians The First Amerians The First Americans •1-Why did these early people spread out across the Americas?
•2-How did early Native Americans learn to adapt to their environment?
•3-How do you think the first Americans discovered that they could grow their own plants? The First Americans •As large animals such as the mammoth disappeared, Native Americans hunted smaller game and ate plants and berries
•Native Americans began to find new food sources by learning to plant and raise crops.
•People living near the coast or rivers learned to fish.
•Settlers formed villages and communities. Some people remained nomadic hunters.
•Early peoples eventually developed their own cultures. • The first people migrated from Asia to North, Central, and South America during the last Ice Age.
• They reached the Americas thousands of years ago.
• This migration took centuries, and people spread out across the Americas as far east as the Atlantic Ocean and as far south as the tip of South America.
• These early people crossed a land bridge from Siberia in northeastern Asia to present-day Alaska. • This land bridge, Beringia, now lies under the waters of the Bering Strait.
• These early Americans were nomads, moving from place to place in search of food.
• These early people were skilled hunters. They used every part of the animal for food, clothing, weapons, and tools. The First Americans Do Now:
Why do we learn/celebrate Columbus discovering America? The First Americans H.W.
What Causes large groups of people to migrate? These Factors can be labeled push and pull.