Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Photosynthesis Prezi
Carbon dioxide and light
energy are required for
The products of photosynthesis
are glucose sugar and oxygen.
The Chemical Equation for Photosynthesis:
Photosynthesis is the process
by which green plants, algae, and
some bacteria use sunlight to
Photosynthesis is a chemical
reaction with specific reactants
Water is reactant required for photosynthesis to occur.
How does the plant gain the energy from the sun
and the carbon dioxide needed for photosynthesis?
Photosynthesis also requires
energy from the sun.
The reactants (starting
are carbon dioxide (CO2) and
The products (what is generated
by the reaction) are glucose (C6H12O6), which is sugar or food,
and oxygen (O2).
The most important chemical
reaction on earth.
Light energy from the sun is captured in plant cells by the chloroplasts.
Chloroplasts (and most plants) get their green color from the pigment chlorophyll.
sunlight / light energy for photosynthesis.
Carbon dioxide enters the plant through the stomata.
Stomata are tiny pores
or openings in the epidermis (skin) of leaves and stems.
Water is absorbed through the roots and stems.
Oxygen is released into the atmosphere through the stomata.
Glucose is used as energy for the plant and stored as sugar and starch - an excellent source of energy for animals.
Photosynthesis is the most important chemical reaction in the world for two reasons:
1. All energy on earth ultimately comes from the sun. We cannot make our own food (glucose), we must get it from plants which have generated it via photosynthesis.
2. The oxygen released by photosynthesis is also required for life.