Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Time Line of Technology
Transcript of Time Line of Technology
In The Beginning
What is Technology
The definition of Technology is:
1. The branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.
2. The terminology of an art, science, etc.; technical nomenclature.
3. A scientific or industrial process, invention, method, or the like.
4. The sum of the ways in which social groups provide themselves with the material objects of their civilization.
The Stone Age:
During this time period the technology made was actually weapons made from stone or weapons by stone. Stone was considered an important tool at this time.
Their use of fire was also considered technology at that time. This is because they learned to control it, start it, and end it.
This period is considered the start of humans-1200 years later
-At this point in time people were creating more inventions and were more interested in art.
-Started to work with pottery and metals.
-Invented glass around 1600 B.C.
-Created mud-bricks which allowed them to make more sturdy houses
- Around same time period as Mesopotamia
- Invented the ramp and the lever to help aid construction
(3100 B.C. - 332 B.C.)
3150 B.C. - 332 B.C.
-Were a big part of creating ships and lighthouses
- Medicine, Mathematics, and Astronomy improved greatly at this time.
- Changed from Copper tools to Bronze tools then in 200 B.C. from Bronze to Iron.
- Created the pyramids which are still standing
-Created there own clocks (water clock and sundial)
Beginning of the Ancient Chinese Dynasties
2100 B.C. - 221 B.C.
- Standardized writing and language
Whats going on?
- New money and measurement systems
- Building the Great Wall of China
- Terra Cotta Army is created
Qin or Ch'in Dynasty
- Silk Road created
- Invention of the Plow
- Hot Air Balloon
2,000 B.C. - 1697 A.D.
- Created their own calender
- Built many temples such as Chichén Itzá in Mexico. This temple is able to show their serpent god descending into the Earth on the Spring and Fall Equinoxes by the shadows.
- Made complex looms to make cloth
- Invented rubber and started using and creating rubber products
FROM RUBBER THEY MADE:
- Water Resistant Cloth
- Book Bindings
- Rubber Balls used for games
1500 B.C. - 400 B.C.
- Made Jade Face Masks
Known for there Artwork
- A lot of statuary artwork
-Figured out how to use latex in building projects
- Had there own Calender, and Religion (Shamanism)
1100 B.C. -146 B.C.
- Famous for Bronze Work
- Invented the Crane
- More advanced aqueducts
- Watermills were created
- Created fountains
- Developed a type of treadmill to help cranes
- Showers were created
- Actually created worlds first alarm clock
1000 B.C. - 1533 A.D
Roman Republic/ Empire
509 B.C - 476 A.D.
285 A.D. -1453 A.D.
500 A.D. - 1521 A.D.
600 A.D. - 1300 A.D.
1300 A.D. - 1600 A.D.
1600 A.D. - 1900 A.D.
1900 A.D. - Present Day
What were they famous for??
- Created many different types of instruments such as drums, and flutes.
-Invented Agricultural Terraces
-Created Early Forms of Freeze drying (Preserving foods)
-Created Paved Roads
-Quipu: a numerical system made by complex knots on a pieces of string.
-Created the current Calender
-Shoe Soles made of Cork
-Complex Water Pumps
-Pointed arch bridge
-Introduced the use of quills and ink
Improved and Created what we know as beer.
Did You Know??
The Aztecs created gum, chocolate and Popcorn?
-Base 20 mathematics system
-Made the toothbrush
-Also created pyramids
-Created Clay pipes and public drinking fountains
Did you know:
At this time the number 0 was created
Throughout this time period:
and more were Invented
The time of Rebirth
-and much more!!
Thanks for Watching!!
My timeline of Technology
By: Monica Hess
-First Female president
-New Mac Technology
-Newer Space Ships.... We will go to Mars!!!
-Time Travel (maybe not...)