Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration
Transcript of Copy of Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration
Photosynthesis -the process of converting light energy to chemical energy, and storing it in the bonds of glucose (sugar). This process occurs in autotophs (plants, algae, many bacteria)
7th grade Life Science
-Photosynthesis occurs in the chloroplasts (which contains the pigment Chlorophyll) of plant cells.
-Algae are photosynthetic autotrophs, they use light to convert atmospheric carbon dioxide into carbohydrates for energy.
----------> C H O + 6O
Process of converting food energy into ATP.Breaksdown glucose to make ATP+ CO
Cellular Respiartion occurs in the mitochondria.This is also known as Fermentation.
-Mitochondria are membrane-enclosed organelles distributed through the cytosol of most eukaryotic cells.Their main function is the conversion of the potential energy of food molecules into ATP.
C H O + 6 O -----> 6 CO + 6 H O +
1. Where does photosynthesis occur?
2. Where does Cellular Respiration occur?
3. Did you like our presentation? ;)