Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
H A C K
Transcript of H A C K
I choose the relevant:
closest to writing
I'm not violent.
I'm not randomly
I'm searching for
back to the idea of
making things work better
("white hat" hackers who emerged from the MIT and Stanford labs at the dawn of the computing age), and sometimes that concept of hacking means
looking at our own work
I think of this concept as something
beyond the art of revision, of diving in to make a piece of work better through editing
-- I see this more as a
of our compositions, adding a layer on top to
make it something new, seeing how changes can alter the meaning, changing directions
. Is this merely "
" by another name?
to better writing;
see its new meanings;
perhaps how it's
by cutting precisely;
one's own or with others
When there are no words or characters to waste then you must
weigh each word
– sometimes each character – carefully. This sort of
is fun and addicting, but also important work for writers. I can spill words effortlessly, but
is something else…
-I knew that
changing the medium
and forcing them to
would help them as they wrote and revised.
modify or devise
devise: create / renew