Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Gaming Sociolect
The gaming community is a subculture that has arisen from the Internet , and it has developed its own unique language which has grown over time. As we speak millions of gamers are currently online throwing numerous insults at each other all of this is based off from language that evolved from the start of the internet age.
Commonly used interjections
corruption of “wow” due to sarcasm
-nowadays, it can be used as an universal reply or remark to anything
2. aw- "ouch"
- expressed when you made a "fail" move yourself or you die unexpectedly
- sometimes, it is used when you see something so stupid that it hurts your eyes
alot of people type sounds or doing words such as yawn/sigh/phew and theres no reason behind it
Commonly used acronyms
GLHF- "good luck, have fun"
-counts as a sportsmanly greeting that is mentioned at the start of a game.
CS- creep score
FPS- frames per second
FF20- forfeit at 20 minutes where the game allows the team to surrender and thus end the game
GG- "good game"
-commonly used as an endgame remark (usually,only the winning team says this; if the losing team say it, it can be concluded that they accepted their defeat)
lol -"laughing out loud"
-a form of laughter in chat
-indicates that something is funny
Words borrowed from another language
1. gosu - Gosu is a Korean term used to refer to a highly skilled person. In computer gaming the term is usually used to refer to a person highly skilled in multiplayer games like League of Legends, StarCraft, Warcraft III, Diablo II, Counter-Strike and others. ...
2. domoi- russian word for "go home". get lost, extremely rude honestly its an f off
Since the very start of interactive gaming in 1994 alot has changed language wise over the course of 20 years.
the most noticeable changes are the
-shortening of words
its not a cause for concern though..
MMORPG-Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing game
First one was created in 1994 World of Warcraft (WOW)
Where it all started..