Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Conditioning and Learning - Part 1
Transcript of Conditioning and Learning - Part 1
US-Unconditioned Stimulus – a
naturally occurring stimulus – food,
pain, fear, reward associated stimuli (.brain’s reward center “high”)
UR-Unconditioned Response - a naturally occurring response – salivation, flinching, crying
NS- Neutral Stimulus- has no effect – person, place, object
CS- Conditioning Stimulus- stimulus used to condition – bell, vaccination needle, nurse, additive substance (food, chocolate, alcohol, etc.), cues (martini glass, chocolate candy bar, etc.)
CR- Conditioned Response – a learned response to the conditioning stimulus
Learning is any relatively permanent change in behavior that can be attributed to experience.
Eye Blink Conditioning- Diana Woodruff noticed disordered eye blink in a patient 8 years before other tests showed any other type of dementia. People with autism also show unusual eyeblink.
CER-Conditioned Emotional Response- An emotional response that has been linked to a previously non-emotional stimulus by classical conditioning.
The Saga of Henrietta.
1. The light comes on in the Skinner Box.. No big deal. Henrietta ...Sniffs corners...Jumps up on sides of box...Runs in circles.
2. Finally, Henrietta accidentally pushes the lever. Food drops into the box and is eaten by Henrietta.
3. This is repeated several times, UNTIL the light bulb in Henrietta's head comes on and she thinks, "EUREKA!!! every time that light comes on, if I push that lever, food comes out.
Completed Operant Conditioning
The light comes on....Henrietta immediately pushes the lever....Food comes out.
Punishment vs. Negative Reinforcement
Punishment - follows a response with an aversive consequence (Ex. - Time-out)=>decreases the likelihood that the response will occur again.
Negative Reinforcement - ends discomfort (shock) when the correct response happens (pushing the lever)
Conditioning and Learning - Part 1
1. Associative Learning - the formation of simple associations between various stimuli.
2. Cognitive Learning - Higher level learning involving thinking, knowing , understanding, anticipation.... discovery learning, observational learning.
Desensitization - reducing fear or anxiety by repeatedly exposing the person to emotional stimuli while the person is relaxed. How could desensitization be used in school phobia?
2 Different Types of Learning :
Virtual Reality Treatment for Anxiety- Fear of Subways
Virtual Reality Fear Therapy Equals Real Life Relief- Virtual Reality Medical Center- Fear of Flying...Fear of Driving.
Shaping - gradually molding responses to a final desired pattern.
Classical conditioning (also Pavlovian or respondent conditioning) is a process of behavior modification in which an innate response to a potent biological stimulus becomes expressed in response to a previously neutral stimulus; this is achieved by repeated pairings of the neutral stimulus and the potent biological ...
Classically Conditioning a Three Yr. Old lovelaughlive 42-
Classical Conditioning at BGSU -David Johnson
An Example of a Skinner Box Geert Steinissen
THORNDIKE'S LAW OF EFFECT:
Behaviors followed by positive outcomes are strengthened and behaviors followed by negative outcomes are weakened.
THE CURIOUS HISTORY OF THE LAB RAT
LITTLE WHITE RAT IN THE SKINNER BOX
THE OFFICE- CONDITIONING-PSYCH 1113- YOU TUBE
COPY RIGHT ISSUES - Currently Not Available- GO TO YOU TUBE
TASTE THE FEELING OF SUMMER W. COCA COLA-COCA COLA
COCA COLA/ELEVATOR- COCA COLA
TASTE THE FEELING POR LUAN SANTANE - COCA COLA
TASTE THE FEELING FESTIVAL- 2016- MANILLA PHILLIPINES
TASTE THE FEELING ANTHEM WITH LYRICS (NIGERIA)- COCA COLA
8 Most Popular Fast Food Commercials : $5 or Under Menu will make you HUNGRY for sure..