Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Magic Charms & Divination
Transcript of Magic Charms & Divination
Ancient Filipinos are quite superstitious and put much stock into divination and magic charms .
interpreted signs in nature as good or bad omens depending on the circumstances .
like flight of birds , the barking of dogs and the singing of lizards .
consulted with pangatauhan or soothsayers to tell their fortunes
belief in the existence of the aswang, mangkukulam , manggagaway , tiyanak and the tikbalang .
amulets were also used by the ancient Filipinos .
like the anting-anting , gayuma , tagabulag and tagahupa .
Charms and Divination
beliefs were or eradicated with the coming of the western civilization .
most of these beliefs were practiced behind the backs of the Christian missionaries .
Charms & Divination