Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Magic Charms & Divination
Transcript of Magic Charms & Divination
Ancient Filipinos are quite superstitious and put much stock into divination and magic charms .
interpreted signs in nature as good or bad omens depending on the circumstances .
like flight of birds , the barking of dogs and the singing of lizards .
consulted with pangatauhan or soothsayers to tell their fortunes
belief in the existence of the aswang, mangkukulam , manggagaway , tiyanak and the tikbalang .
amulets were also used by the ancient Filipinos .
like the anting-anting , gayuma , tagabulag and tagahupa .
Charms and Divination
beliefs were or eradicated with the coming of the western civilization .
most of these beliefs were practiced behind the backs of the Christian missionaries .
Charms & Divination