Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Native American parfletche
Transcript of Native American parfletche
Who were the
Native American Culture and Art
The first people to live in a land are called indigenous peoples. This means they were the original settlers.
life was different
the Native Americans used pictures or symbols as their written language.
The word parfleche was coined by the French fur traders. It was derived from the French word “parer” meaning defend and “fleche” meaning arrow, as the hide was tough enough to be used as a shield and deflect an arrow.
what common designs do you notice parfleches have?
Shapes that can be described using math,
squares, triangles, rectangles, circles, diamonds,
We are going to make our own Native American Inspired Parfletches
we will use sewing to create this
Your Parfletche will use geometric shapes and symmetry.