Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Nuclear Energy
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Uranium-235 or Plutonium-239
Useful Energy Transfers
But what is next...
Pros and Cons
Less CO2 emitted than fossil fuels
Large generating capacity
Low operating costs
Isn't affected by fluctuating gas and oil prices
Better source of energy for developing nations
High construction costs and long construction time
Nuclear waste lasts for 200 to 500 thousand years
Uranium sources are finite
Target for terrorism
Fuel is radioactive and potentially deadly
Nucleus splits into two
Energy is released
Neutrons are released
But is it renewable??
The Power Plant
The answer... Yes and No
Thank you for listening
By Deepesh Patel, Toye Oladinni and Rohit Prabhu