Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Periodic Table
-one of the elements of group 18 on the periodic table (helium, neon, argon, krypton, xenon, and radon) METALS
Work Cited: Winter, Mark 1993-2012, The University of Sheffield and Web Elements, http://www.webelements.com/ A term used in chemistry when classifying the chemical elements. What are 5 types of non-metals? At room temperature, most metals are solids. They also have the property of malleability, that is, they can be hammered or rolled into thin sheets. Metals also tend to be ductile, which means that they can be drawn into a fine wire. They have high tensile strength, which is the ability to resist breaking when pulled. Hydrogen, Helium, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Xenon What is the definition of phosphorus? The chemical element of atomic number 15, very poisonous Most metals have a silvery or grayish white luster. Two exceptions are gold and copper, which are yellow and reddish brown. The symbol for phosphorus is ''P'' Metals also tend to be ductile, which means they can be drawn into a fine wire. Metals behave this way because they have high tensile strength, the ability to resist breaking when pulled. Although all metals conduct electricity well, metals have very diverse properties. Mercury is liquid at room temperature while tungsten has the highest melting point of any element. -reddish color
-found naturally in minerals (such as chalcopyrite and malachite)
-melts at 1083 degrees C
-boils at 2567degrees C
-conducts electricity with little loss of energy
-remains unchanged in dry air at room temp
-when heated, reacts with oxygen in air
-reacts with the elements in Group 17 or periodic table
- ** essential mineral in the human diet Copper: A typical Metal Helmestine, Anne. 1952-2010. Copper Facts. http://chemistry.about.com/od/elementfacts/a/copper.htm Bentor, Yinon. 1996-2009. Periodic Table of Non-Medals. www.chemicalelements.com. THE PERIODIC TABLE What Is a periodic table? The periodic table is a table of the chemical elements in which the elements are arranged by order of atomic number in such a way that the periodic properties chemical periodicity of the elements are made clear. Symbols are the abbreviations of the element's name. In some cases, the abbreviation comes from the element's Latin name. location: group 18 (far right hand side of periodic table)
These elements are unreactive
elements are gases at room temp.
Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon are used for lighting
Helium is used for balloons because its less dense than air