Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Music Therapy
What is Music Therapy and how does it relate to the common good?
Therapeutic treatment used for patients who are resistant to medications and/or other forms of therapy.
Music therapy can help better the sick, and making sure the people around us are healthy is a part of the common good.
What kinds of illnesses can MT treat?
General Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Why is MT considered clinical therapy?
There's more to it than just playing rain music for someone who has trouble sleeping.
Certified Music Therapists
What types of songs are used?
What is the most common genre/instrument used?
Based off patient's preference, circumstance, and needs
What kinds of places is MT used?
How can I become a Music Therapist?
Bachelors in Music Therapy
Coursework in music, music therapy, biology, psychology, and social/behavioral sciences
1200 hours of clinicals including an internship at a healthcare/education facility
Entry level credential MT-BC (Musit Therapist, Board Certified)