Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Vivienne Mackinder
Vivienne Mackinder is the current Fashion Director for Intercoiffure America-Canada, and one of the most highly respected international leaders in the hairdressing profession today. In her work as Artistic Director for industry grand masters Vidal Sassoon and Trevor Sorbie, Vivienne developed an expertise for precision cutting and an eye for original hair design, from the classic and the commercial to the radical.
Vivienne has collaborated and designed hair collections for runway fashion collections in New York, Paris and London. She is also an in-demand featured guest artist and educator for premier international events and her work is consistently published in press world-wide. She is the founder of the ‘Roots and Wings’ educational program in New York as well as ‘HairDesignerTV.com’.
Who is Vivienne Mackinder?
“The biggest challenge in our profession is to keep growing. I have been in this industry for 35 years and I am more of a student today than when I first started.”
Currently based in New York City, Vivienne grew up in London where she attended the London College of Fashion. Upon graduating she immediately landed a position with Vidal Sassoon, eventually becoming his artistic director. In 1990, she left London for the U.S. and the chance to work with Trevor Sorbie as his International Creative Director.
Vivienne Mackinder has condensed more than 30 years of her knowledge and experience into a comprehensive and highly-accessible educational series. Her team uses streaming video, audio, animation, colorful graphics and printable lessons to demonstrate all the latest cutting trends, hair coloring techniques, dress work and more.
• Founder of HairDesignerTV.com
• Editor in Chief of MOD magazine
• Editorial Stylist/Platform Artist
• Producer and Director of Documentary film series “I’m Not Just a Hairdresser”
• John Maxwell certified coach and keynote speaker 2011-present
• Leo Passage Educator of the Year Award presented by Intercoiffure 2012
• Fashion Director for Intercoiffure North America 2010 to 2012
• International ICON Award 2011 Irish Hairdressing Federation
• North American Hair Styling Awards (NAHA) honoree “Lifetime Achievement Award” 2009
• 5-time winner of the North American Hair Styling Awards (NAHA)
Awards & Accolades
Known as the hairdresser’s hairdresser, Vivienne Mackinder is one of the most highly respected international leaders and innovators in the hairdressing profession today. Vivienne is driven by her mission not only to continually hone her own artistry and creativity, but to uplift the spirit and the image of the profession as well.