Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Psych Project: It's All About Me!
Transcript of Psych Project: It's All About Me!
Self-Serving Bias Street
"Awesome, awesome, I'm so awesome.
Everything I do is awesome."
Most people see themselves as better than average.
People tend to take more responsibility for good deeds than for bad and for successes than for failures.
In a situation where most people would behave less than admirably, we overestimate how admirably we would act.
We underestimate the commonality of our positive traits and overestimate the commonality of our negative traits.
We tend to see our groups (our school, our country, our race, etc.) as superior.
Cultural Impact Park
assuming that everone is thinking about and noticing your every move, fault, and flaw
perception of high or low self worth
Our tendency to see ourselves positively
It's all about me
It's all about the group
Spotlight Effect Carnival
the organizer of our
- identifying oneself in terms of personal traits rather than with group identifications and putting one's own goals before group goals
- identifying oneself with group identifications and putting group goals before one's personal goals
The perfect middleground (that doesn't exist)
center of personality
A high self-serving bias correlates with a big ego and high self-esteem.
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."
Low Self Esteem
discourage people temporarily (down talk them, lower their self-esteem) and they will do the same to others
WOW! You tie your shoes so well!
Built up by false praise
Realistic criticisms feel threatening
We feel accepted for who we are
We see other's assessments of us as constructive rather than an attack
don't corform as easily
less, shy, anxious, and lonely
Individualism prevails in the West
We remember and justify our past actions in self-enhancing ways.
The pink part is Hokkaido (pronounced Hoe-czyead-doe)
We are overconfident in our beliefs and judgments.
If self-serving bias is legit, then why do people say and think bad things about themselves?
"My skin is so blue and weird."
"No it's not. You're beautiful."
This test is going to be impossble.
"I was so awkward."