Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Annotations
who, what, why, how and when
the notes YOU write while reading or considering any text
Helps you to:
remember and comprehend
engage with the text
what is this going to be about?
what do I already know?
what's my purpose?
what don't I understand?
what can I ask my teacher?
what conclusions can I make?
What to look for?
- questions you have about the text or characters
- word patterns and repetitions
- significant characters, conflicts, events, etc
- important elements of setting or plot
- connections to other texts and knowledge
- personal connections
- literary elements
Figurative Language: Imagery
What to look for...
just as with this timeline...
You need to keep a timeline while annotating:
All of the Visuals
maps, charts, graphs, pictures, paintings, etc
what is the significance of the visual?
what does the visual represent?
how does the visual connect to the text
and to what I have already learned?
--keep a chronology!
what about the stuff without words??
...how are they related?
Cause and Effect
what are the catalysts?
what are the benefits?
what are the consequences?
what made what else happen?
words you don't know
words you don't OWN
even if you "sort of remember" it
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS
bring them to class
discuss with peers
re-read for answers
use for debate and discussion
You should never finish a text without a few thoughtful questions.
Some may have answers, others will not
Pay attention to:
On your way out...
turn in your exit ticket
grab your pass
(give to your BDB teacher)
pick up a bookmark!
Mrs. Jessica Finley
Can you understand the...
When reading maps,
check out the KEY!!