Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Investigating Renewable Energy in Nicaragua
Transcript of Investigating Renewable Energy in Nicaragua
2006: energy rationing <12 hrs/day ; 2007: MEM
2012: 40% rural pop w/o electricity; ~45% <$1/day.
Current demand (2012): 525 MW (220MW RE)
Expected demand (2025): 7800 MW per year
Expansion needed, but costly. Off grid!
Available RE: 1,000 MW; Potential: 4,500 MW
2025 goal: 90% grid from RE.
Renewable Energy Technology:
active solar (modular; panels), passive solar (cookers), wind (cubic; turbines), biomass (biodigesters), hydro (both macro and micro).
education, health, empowerment, gender equity, economic opportunities, increased social and technical capacities. WHO 1) Co-Founder of Grupo Fenix
2) Founder of Appropriate Development Solutions
3) Founder of RIDS-Nepal
4) Employee of AsoFenix
5) Head of the Solar, Wind & Biomass division in the Ministry of Energy and Mines
6) Secondary Co-Founder of blueEnergy
7) Principal at Jacoby Solar Consulting, LLC
8) Nicaragua Program Director for Green Empowerment
9) Primary Co-Founder of Blue Energy
10) Founder of Appropedia and Practivistas Dominicana Program Analysis By the novice: Alexandra McGee WHAT Lessons Learned What to do (and not do) during an interview Selection
Previous contacts, research, snowball
Cold calling, referencing snowball
Hours of research to customize questions
Accommodated to their time, 10-20 questions (35 min - 3 hours)
Typed notes, accuracy checked with recording, began coding
Emailed for verification, additional commentary
62 codes, compiled to understand frequency
Stay tuned How: The Process Technical
Sometimes the audio doesn’t work, or it works but with interference
Have more than enough paper at hand.
Expectations of interviewee behavior
Don't expect answer lengths or answer orders.
Don't assume linear thinking. Be flexible.
Memorize the essence of your questions to recognize answers in unexpected places.
Expectations of your own behavior
Resist the urge to become a passive listener.
Try to compensate for language barriers.
Frantically scribbling is more time efficient than recording. Allows for more clarity.
Don't put off typing the notes.
Don’t eat pizza rolls before an interview!
Bring a good book.
Be flexible. Process: MAXQDA 11 8 interviews
10 main categories
62 Codes Interconnectedness