Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of school
Music programs are a vital tool in education that needs to be restored to public schools in order to keep at-risk youth out of trouble, and engaged in school.
By Marcel Bell
What Defines an at risk- youth?
Music program keeps at-risk youth out of trouble.
Music programs keeps at-risk youth engaged in school.
Music Programs keeps at-risk youth out of trouble.
Not only can music programs help at risk youth in the states, but on a global stage.
Music programs keep at-risk youth engaged in school.
Music Programs helps with standardized Tests
-Highschool music students score higher on the SAT test
-In the 2012 SAT students in music programs scored 31 points above average in reading
A study from Columbia University found students who participate in music programs score 22 percent better on English and 20 percent better on math tests.
And also students who study the arts are more cooperative with their teachers and peers, have high self esteem, and are able to express themselves well.
What did you learn?
Cut the arts by 65%
About 60 Million
Does anyone know this song?