Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of COMMA SPLICE
clauses! This is the sword of the
splice Actions speak louder than words - If you think
it's spliced, gesture with you sword! When you splice up a sentence with a comma, it is because you aren't using the correct punctuation,
As the reliable source of Wikipedia states
"Although acceptable in some languages and compulsory in others, comma splices are usually considered style errors in English." To splice is not nice The alien barged through the door, he was
going to shoot.
Split the sentence into two separate
sentences, using a full stop.
Use a connective.
Use a semi-colon!
How to avoid a good old splicing After visiting the cinema, we are intending to go to the pub.
There are many reasons to visit Greece, the beaches are lovely and the people are friendly.
This is a lovely cake, you must give me the recipe one day.
I'll never be able to buy a house, prices these days are just ridiculous.